Quality of information systems
· Is the right information available to support the business processes?
· Is there insight into the managerial improvement requirements for information systems?
· Is the business using the potential of IT, e.g. social media, big data, BYOD?
· Is the business using IT to achieve strategic goals?
Acquisition and management of IT services
· Is there insight into the costs of the information systems and whether they are normal?
· Is there insight into the budget that is available for use and operation of information systems and for improvements (changes, projects, programmes)?
· Is the right amount of time and money being spent on information (technology) – as opposed to other business assets?
· Does the business manage their side of change to information systems effectively?
· Has the business got the (delegation of) quality, cost and timeliness of IT services and projects under control?
· Are adequate specifications for IT created?
Business use of information and IT
· Are business employees getting the most out of the currently available information and information systems and using them efficiently?
· Is operational interaction with IT effective and efficient?
· Is there insight into (1) what the users think about the information systems and (2) their ‘bottom-up’ improvement requirements?